Anyone who’s ever done it can tell you that overhead drilling into concrete is punishing work. It’s like doing a balancing act four to six feet off the ground holding a 50 lb. sandbag over your head while it leaks in your face.
Download the flyer HERE
Telpro, Inc. developed the DrillRite™ Overhead Concrete Drill Press to make life safer and easier for workers drilling overhead into concrete.
Working with the UC Berkeley Department of Ergonomics, we modified concepts developed in the course of their five year research project to design and manufacture a commercially practical overhead drill press. The result is Telpro Inc.’s multiple patent pending DrillRite™ Concrete Overhead Drill Press:
• Reduces musculoskeletal strain associated with operating rotary hammer drills overhead
• Reduces risk of job-site falls by eliminating the need for ladders for overhead drilling
• Integrated dust extraction system captures dangerous airborne silica dust (vacuum sold separately)
• Reaches 12’ ceilings
• Compatible with scissor lifts for higher ceilings
• Holds a wide variety of rotary hammer drills
• Operates both AC and cordless drills
• Chain lift mechanism for simplicity, durability, long life and low maintenance
• Safety winch/clutch design simplifies & speeds operation
• Manufactured in USA by Telpro Inc. with a 40+ year history in the construction equipment industry
• One year limited warranty with U.S. parts, service and customer support
• Ships compactly; easily portable
Read these impressive independent test results from Washington University, St. Louis. The DrillRite™ Overhead Concrete Drill Press is a game-changing advancement in both productivity and safety.
New Safety Remote Trigger Design
Here’s a short video:
Model 210 DrillRite™ Overhead Concrete Drill Press
The Model 350 has about 59” of lift with a drill saddle (the point where you attach your drill) that starts at about 81”. Actual ceiling heights reached will vary depending on the drill you are using, the length of the bit and the depth of hole needed, but nominally the Model 350 can reach ceilings up to about 12′. The Model 210 is a shorter model. Its Drill Cradle starts at about 51” and has about 33.5” of lift for a max height of 7′. The 210 is designed for use from a scissor lift to reach higher ceilings than the Model 350. It’s also great for specialty low ceiling settings such as tunnels, mining applications and more.
The DrillRite™ Overhead Concrete Drill Press is also finding great success in underground mining operations. Here we’re setting up a demo for long-throw anchor hole drilling in a potash mine: